We’re looking for a dedicated designer with a passion for creating user-friendly, well-designed experiences.
We’re a small startup company owned by Magnus Carlsen. Yes, that Norwegian chess player you may have heard about. We have two apps out called Play Magnus and Magnus Trainer. They won some design awards, which was nice. But we’re not resting on our laurels.
We like being a small team working tightly together, but we also have greater ambitions for what we want to create. We want to take our digital products to the next level. This is where you come into the picture.
We’re about to start a new, very exciting and ambitious project. And for that, we’re looking for an equally exciting and ambitious UX designer to help push us and our products onwards and upwards.
We’re looking for a UX Designer
We’re looking for a dedicated designer with a passion for creating user-friendly, well-designed experiences. We expect you to:
- Have completed 3 years of relevant design education. Relevant education would be Interaction Design, User Experience Design, Service Design or Graphic Design.
- Preferably have a couple years of experience with relevant digital projects like websites and/or apps.
- Be curious, passionate and motivated. Have a burning desire to create a user experience that works well and looks good.
- Have experience with interaction design, wireframing, prototyping, user interviews and usability testing. Experience with data analysis is a plus. So is having an eye for visual design.
- Have some experience with and a strong passion for working with digital products. You should know your way around an iPhone or Android phone and have played some games. All gaming experience is a bonus. Including Candy Crush (not even kidding).
- Have good communication skills, and love to talk with people. Be able to understand our users’ behavior and needs.
- Have at least some interest in chess (you will be working with chess related products after all). You don’t need to be good at chess, you don’t even have to know how to play. Yet.
- Be ready to flex your English muscles in an international team. Most of us are Norwegian, but Norwegian skills are not essential.
In our team, you will be
- An essential and highly valued part of a core design team in Oslo. You’ll be working directly with our marketing team and local and international development teams.
- Working with challenging and diverse design tasks, exploring new and creative solutions that help build user-friendly digital products that are fun and engaging.
- Responsible for doing user research and conducting user interviews, as well as aiding in the design of new features and improvements based on your findings.
- Working with data analysis to uncover patterns, understanding why they occur and improving the user journey.
- Able to tell your friends and family you work with designing games. For Magnus Carlsen. Which is pretty cool.
- A permanent, full-time employment. We’ve just moved into new offices at Mesh in central Oslo where you’ll also meet a lot of interesting people from other relevant companies.
- Working with awesome people, both in our award-winning internal team and with our international collaborators. We’re super dedicated, and can hopefully learn you a thing or two. Just as we hope you’ll teach us something new.
- The chance to make a dent in the chess universe. You will work with products that are literally used all over the world by people of all ages. Products that change the perception of chess. Products that make chess look good. Products that help make the world a smarter place.
- Weekly yoga workouts. Yes, our boss is a certified yoga teacher.
Please send us your resume and a sample of your portfolio (PDF or a link) along with a cover letter. For questions about the role contact:
Martin Holm, Lead Designer